Wine Theory (A.C.N. 628 697 914) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in The Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation.
Our privacy notice relates to the personal information we collect about you as our customers, visitors to our website, social media and members of the public and explained why and how we collect, use, store, disclose and protect personal information.
Wine Theory needs to collect certain personal information in order to properly carry out its functions and activities. The types of information that Wine Theory collects will depend on the circumstances of the individual’s involvement or contact with Wine Theory.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
To provide services to you, we may ask for personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. If you have registered for an account, you can change or delete these details at any time by contacting us or modifying your details.
Examples of where we may collect personal information include, but are not limited to, when you make an online purchase, provide details to join our mailing lists or databases, provide information via social media pages, enter a competition, send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by Wine Theory. If you choose to withhold requested information however, we may not be able to provide you with the service you require should that depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Information is automatically collected through your use of Wine Theory’s website, Affiliates’ websites, social media, through cookies or by other electronic means.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier. Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet and shopping service for our customers.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- to create orders
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- to provide you with services you have requested from us
- promoting Wine Theory, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers,
- protecting the security of our team members, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including fraud prevention)
- requirements under law or regulations, or for other purposes explained at the time of collection
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent. For more information on the Spam Act 2003, please visit https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2016C00614
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- financial institutions for payment processing; which have their own Privacy Policies.
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws and regulations
- Wine Theory’s contracted service providers or partners, including: overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, , marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, hard copy and electronic mail houses, manufacturers and suppliers, external business advisers (eg auditors and lawyers).
- With the new Wine Theory owners, if part or all of Wine Theory is sold
If you would like to make a complaint about or have a query in relation to our privacy notice, you can contact Wine Theory by writing to the Privacy Officer at email firstname.lastname@example.org
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be handled in a fair, confidential, and timely manner. We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Further information about the Privacy law and the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au or on 1300 363 992.